Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wait, which one is decaf?

First off, my blog is going through image puberty right now. I'm trying to get it looking pretty, but the process of doing so is probably going to result in many an awkward ugly duckling blog moment. Hang in there, I will be a beautiful swan blog one day!

The complete lack of intelligence in some of my customers
befuddles me. Today I had this guy come in and order two small coffees, one regular and one decaf. On the decaf one I wrote "decaf" in giant letters with a red marker on the side. Then I had the man his coffees, hold up the decaf, point to the writing, and say, "This one is the decaf." I swear to god, not even three seconds later the guy looks at me, and asks, completely serious, "So, which one is the decaf?" I took everything in my power to not jump over the counter and be like..."Well it is probably the one that has "decaf" written in giant red letters on it! The one I just pointed out to you!!!!!" Lord have mercy...

This outfit is from a couple of days ago...I don't have any proper pictures of my standing in this outfit because after I had taken the photos and put them on my computer I realized that in all the photos I am dangerously close to pulling a Brittney Spears and showing everyone my pikachu. This is the first time I have ever layered tights! Much warmer, very nice. I got this dress up in Anchorage, AK at Lulu E. Bebe where Delightfully-Tacky used to work, she actually picked it out for me! This isn't my favorite styling of this piece I've done, but I was feeling sort of 80's dance party/work-out-a-thon. So why the hell not, you can't win always. I just felt like I should have been out clubbing at The Bang instead of shopping at Whole Foods. Lesson learned :)

Hat/Gap :: Dress/Crimson Ivy from Lulu E. Bebe :: Shirt/UO :: Tights/Macy's & Target :: Leg Warmers/ American Apparel :: Shoes/ Forever 21

In other news, my boyfriend face got his car stolen from right out front of his house two nights ago!! All of his work equipment was in it, as well as a pair of my Spanx! Sad day, those things are expensive! I think they were in his car because I wore them to a Thanksgiving dinner. Hindsight is 20/20, but wearing restrictive undergarments to an event at which the point is to stuff your face is not a good idea! Look at me go, whining about my missing Spanx when my poor man has lost basically half of his earthly possessions.

I watched Requiem for a Dream last night, which I think is one of the most amazing movies ever. Watch it some time if you haven't already. On that note, Jared Leto is pretty scrumptious. I know he's all emo 30 Seconds to Mars now, but whatever, I'd so tap that. I especially love that he is less eye-liner-y and more beardy. But honestly, what is going on with that hair, it's like he pulled it all up in front and just hair sprayed himself into oblivion. It's a little too There's Something About Mary for me. Ramble ramble ramble...

Photo from Nylon.com





6 comments:

  1. I work in a restaurant so I could tell you a million hilarious stupid things that are said to me every night. Working there makes me feel so confident in my level of intelligence!

    I like the new set up, too, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the customer is always right but man when they are wrong or stupid I want to scream at them sometimes. I work in a computer store and some people should not own computers :p

    So sorry to hear about your boyfriend's car. I assume you've reported it to the police so I hope you get word of it soon!

    Requiem for a Dream has always been on my 'to-watch' list. I might get it out this weekend now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. blah blah blah whine whine whine lmao. Just remember that those stupid customers pay our bills ha ha :p

    P.S. I really want you to see these shoes that I just got with Julia at Value World... I am in love ha ha. See ya later love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, I used to work in a coffee shop that brewed Starbucks coffee, but wasn't Starbucks, and boy howdy, the things people said! I could write an entire book about stupid and rude customers (in fact, we DID keep a log book of stupid things people said!). gyah!

    I like your outfit... Makes me want to dig out my legwarmers. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! :) I think you'd like mine too- it's about thrifing and vintage goodies :)

    Amanda

    isanotherstreasure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your words are like sweet sweet music to my ears...or eyes! Thank you!