Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"Cultivate your curves...

...they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided." -Mae West

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the stunning woman that Mae West was? She was one of the first women of her time
to really get out there and embrace her sensuality, eroticism, feminism, and curves!! And heaven have mercy, that woman has sass!

"I didn't discover curves; I only uncovered them."

"Love thy neighbor - and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier."

"Sex is emotion in motion."

"A hard man is good to find." (hah!)

"When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better. "

"A woman in love can't be reasonable - or she probably wouldn't be in love."


Recently I have read two books entitled The Tao of Equus and Riding Between the Worlds both by Linda Kohanov. Not to sound like a total cheeseball, but these books have literally changed my life. Before I read The Tao of Equus I had heard of equine-facilitated therapy (EFT), but this book shed light on the practice with words and experiences that I had never been privy to before. The book chronicles the author's the time from unwitting stumble into the world of EFT to how she realized that this is what her true purpose is. After reading this book I knew that being involved with EFT is my true purpose in life. Ever since I made the decision to align myself on the path to this career, and everything involved in to get there, absolutely everything in my life has been falling into place PERFECTLY. It's amazing. After I finished reading The Tao of Equus I picked up Riding Between the Worlds, Linda's next book, which goes into more detail about the actual experiences and tribulations involved in EFT. I'm not quite done with it yet, but I can always be sure that I will end up crying at some point in every chapter, out of joy or sorrow, or maybe both. Tears, I believe, are powerful. To me tears express that you have hit on something deep and authentic, so I always love a good cry :)

I've been riding horses since I was 8 years old. I rode and trained in dressage for a year, and hunter/jumper for three years. After that point I acquired my first horse, Mocha. My Mocha is a 16.1hh registered Quarter Horse, and we spent our 10 years together playing and exploring the wilderness of Alaska. Maybe it sounds silly to you, but he is my soul mate. I had Mocha for 10 years, up until the time I had to leave for college. I found him a temporary home in Oregon, but I eventually had to sell him about a year ago because there was just no way for my poor busy ass to bring a horse back into her life. Now, several years later, I'm planning on moving my pale sun-starved self down to Tucson, AZ to get myself a degree in Equine Science and pursue to career of my dreams. Ever since I sold Mocha I miss him like you wouldn't believe. Boys have come and gone, and my heart has healed and moved on, but I've never gotten over this horse. So once I am settled in in Tucson, it's only natural for my to pursue getting my baby back. I know exactly where he is and who owns him, so tracking him down isn't the problem, money is; horses eat money! I don't know how to describe it other than I feel like there is this constant pulling sensation in my solar plexus, and when I breathe into it, the message I get over and over again is "Get Mocha back."

Enough deep shizz for now. I must mention that I watched the entire first season of The United State of Tara on Sunday! The premise of the show is basically about this average woman with a husband and two kids...only she has DID: Disassociate Identity Disorder. Tara isn't always Tara. Sometimes she's T. Or Buck. Or Alice. Or Gimme...oh my! As always, Toni Colette is fabulous, and her TV hubby Max, played by John Corbett, is scrum-diddly-umptious! If you haven't seen this show you should check it out and laugh your ass off!

4 comments:

  1. I love all those quotes! Great post title, too. The older I get, the more I'm loving and embracing my Mexican hips and thighs! They're not going anywhere, so I might as well enjoy them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quotes are fantastic, what a great woman.

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enter this:
    http://keikolynn.blogspot.com/2010/02/curvy-girl-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Wow. Lot's of t.v. I want to that instead of hw):
    lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Your words are like sweet sweet music to my ears...or eyes! Thank you!