Saturday, February 20, 2010

Orange Juice & Champagne

Sorry it has been so long since I posted anything. I cannot even start to begin to tell you about the massive shit storm that has been my life lately. Pardon my french, there is no other way around it. But I don't want to talk about that. Unfortunately, along with all of that comes me wearing a whole lot of jeans and hoodies, so I have nothing cute to show you. I did wear one outfit I liked, but as soon as I tried to take any pictures my mom poked in and was like, "Ooo what are you doing?! I want to take pictures on my camera!" So...I have no pictures. But my mommy is cute and I love her anyway.

I love Weeds. Just a couple days ago I went by my Dad's place and he happened to have season 5, so I have started to plow my way through that. Basically that means that when I'm not working I am spending a copious amount of time sitting/laying on my couch eating spoonfuls of Nutella, munching on macadamia nuts, and drinking mimosas with my boyfriend.
Speaking of work, I just put in my two weeks on Tuesday! I am so excited! Good riddance!!!! It is so past due time that I move on. So on that note, what I am doing, it going to visit my grandparents in Telluride in a couple weeks here. I love Telluride so much, just look at how beautiful it is:
This picture is from www.telluridevisitorinformation.com. If you ever have some extra cash...or I should say a lot of extra cash, think about visiting.

Basically what it looks like right now is that when my lease is up here at the end of March, I am going to be moving to Telluride for the summer to volunteer at the San Juan Riding Program.

"The mission of the San Juan Riding Program (SJRP) is to promote equine facilitated therapy and activities for people with disabilities.

The San Juan Riding Program will provide quality recreational experiences and make the outdoors accessible by utilizing adaptive teaching techniques.

These interactions with horses promote opportunities for beneficial improvement of physical, emotional and cognitive well-being to improve quality of life."

I am so so so excited about this opportunity!! I really hope it works out. Equine Facilitated Therapy can do such amazing things physically, emotionally, and mentally for adults and children with all sorts of different disabilities, and I am so excited to be involved with a beautiful program like this in a real way. Look at how friggin cute this little boy is!
Oh yeah, all of the information on the program and this picture are from the San Juan Riding Program website at www.sanjuanridingprogram.com

1 comment:

  1. mimosas and nutella in a hoodie with the boy sounds like perfect night to me!
    I'm so excited about your upcoming plans! sounds amazing! I knew a girl who did equine facilitated therapy with kids, it sounds really wonderful. she was also a horse vaulter, which is CRAZY cool with a capital C. but scared me. i love horses, though my fiance is terrified of getting close to an animal that big. childhood fears i guess.

    ReplyDelete

Your words are like sweet sweet music to my ears...or eyes! Thank you!