Sunday, February 21, 2010

Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up.

I am so deeply jealous of anyone who has a washer and dryer in their own home. I don't have to go to a coin-op, but I have to go outside, around my building and down into the creepy smelly musty basement to do my laundry. This results in me putting off doing my laundry until I literally do not have a single item of clothing to wear anymore, and my laundry pile is overtaking my bedroom like some clothing blob monster. Whine whine whine...

So I have no plans of marriage at the moment, but for some reason I like to spend often copious amounts of unwarranted time browsing weddings mags, sites, and just generally looking at weddings rings and dresses. I was never one of those little girls who planned her dream wedding, I preferred to play in the dirt with my brothers and spend the days at the barn with my horse...but I have definitely grown up to be one of those women who like to make wedding collages.

I don't have TV in my home, so whenever I get a chance to watch TV I always see if TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" is on. It seems like every time I watch that I end up crying with one of the brides. I am such a cheeseball. Naturally, I got online at KleinfeldBridal.com, fibbed about a wedding date, and started browsing wedding dresses. I have come to the conclusion that I am repeatedly drawn to the V-Neck A-Line/Sheath dress. I am pretty much in love with these beauties!
Monique Lhuillier
Claire Pettibone

On a not-so-separate note: I completely and totally hate my new neighbors who live in the apartment below me. Two nights ago they threw a party that consisted of gangster rap and yelling that lasted until 4am. Yesterday they blasted their ghetto rap music and the "Discovery Channel Song" all day long at levels that I don't even think my stereo are capable of. And today I have discovered that on top of all of this, they are gamers. They are the type of gamers who don't wear headphones, but have a stereo system hooked up to their computer or whatever, so they can hear all of the explosions at a realistic level...and react realistically by constantly screaming at the game. Thank God I only have one more month here...the point is, I cannot handle listening to them anymore, so instead of posting more pretty engagement rings and such, I am going to watch some more Weeds and drown out their noise with some noise of my own.


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your neighbors suck! Are you using earplugs at night? It won't block them completely, but every little bit helps. And there must be someone you can complain to. Since you're moving out, just take the opportunity to bitch about these people to your heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just hate doing laundry period. even though my washer dryer are literally across the hall from my door. i should be more thankful! mmm yes i was definitely peeking at wedding things long before i got engaged (fiance and i have been together for 4 years, though he just proposed in november). i am a total sap too.
    p.s. my dress looks similar to the 2nd one! but for probably 1/3 of the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! New posts to reeeeaad. I feel like I never do laundry, I don't know why. Living at home is so nice having a washer/dryer right next to my room. That's one thing I loathed about living in dorms/apartments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh! That would be so annoying, having sucky neaighbours.
    Love your choice of wedding dress, I've never really thought about what sort of dress I would have but I am loving looking at your picks!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE!!! I am loving the dresses. I am totally in love with the one Claire Pettibone is wearing. Sadly, I too like to watch all of the wedding shows on TLC and Lifetime. I will never wear a wedding dress... but if I was a girl, I sure as hell would find the best one I could!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG i love say yes to the dress! and you should have come out to see fun.!! they were sooooo good! by any chance do you like margot and the nuclear so and sos? they play at mac's bar in lansing on tues! you should come! ladsklf!

    ReplyDelete

Your words are like sweet sweet music to my ears...or eyes! Thank you!