Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ahimsa


"Beginning again does not mean we have made an error. It is the heart of the practice, not a deviation from it." -pg 87 in The Mindful Way Through Depression


Recently I came across this quote speaking to the mind wandering during meditation. As I thought about the quote, it dawned on me how true this is to life, not just to meditation. Sometimes life can seem like a series of failures and followed by new beginnings, and I always looked at that as a negative thing. But now I see it as the very heart of my existence, because without decay, there could never be rejuvenation! Just wanted to share that with you guys :)

Don't you worry your darling little heads: Yes, it was below zero degrees Fahrenheit out today. I was only outside for about 5 minutes...nowI have been inside for over an hour now and I still can't feel my hands!

I'm not entirely stoked on my outfit today, it feels a bit off. Most of my weekday outfits are completely thrown together on the spot wihout any thought or fuss and I spend a bit more time on my weekend wear...but for the sake of posting something...


hat/gap :: necklace/gift from delightfully-tacky :: top & jacket/forever 21 :: jeans/gap :: leg warmers/american apparel :: shoes/ forever 21


a) I don't remember how to look good in front of a camera...especially when it is so cold outside I can't think or even feel my body!

b) I still have no idea where the best location to shoot outfit pics in or around my house is, which is compounded by the fact that I am still figuring out how to use my new camera.

c) Jackets ride up. Jeans scrunch up. Outfit looks wonky. Duly noted. Will fix outfit before photographing next time!

Thank you so much to those of you wonderfuls who have already taken the time to check out my little blog so far, I really appreciate the love :) Hopefully soon I will have my own computer back, and be freed from the time limits on public access computers!

So I want to tell you a little bit more about where I'm at in life right now so I don't babble away in the future without any of you knowing the context of my life!

Currently I manage a coffee shop in Ypsi. The work is alright, and I like most of my customers, but honestly I am just really burned out on the job and cannot wait to move on to something that actually engages my brain! Oh and my pay is crap, so I am broke broke broke. But hey, broke ladies can look cute too. Just because you are broke doesn't mean you have to wear mismatching track suits!

I've been dating and in love with the most wonderful sexy man named Andrew for the last 7 months. He's a guitar player, skydiver, and buisness owner at the ripe old age of 20. Don't knock the age though (which is two years younger than myself), he's got this amazing intuitive old soul and has been through more shit than most people go through in a lifetime...but he is very much so a 20 year boy at the same time though! Andrew is a total a total spazz, and I tend to be pretty grounded, so we balance each outher out really well. Hopefully I will get some pictures of him/us soon if I can ever get him to stop buzzing around for a second...

...i still can't feel my hands sooo....I am going to leave it at that for now and head home to take a nice warm bath!




10 comments:

  1. Oh can't wait to see photos of you two!
    I know how you feel about wanting to find a job that engages your brain... I'm going to uni next year but until then I am stuck working in a computer shop as the office bitch. It's easy and I'm alright at it, but it isn't very fast paced :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you don't gotta be rich to be stylish!

    I love what you've done with your leg warmers. Hopefully they helped.

    XO

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! The octopus necklace! I like this outfit. I wanna see that dress/sweatshirt thing you got from lulu's!

    I went out with Ally and Jessi last night and somehow by the time I got home and in bed I was plastered. I really have no clue whatsoever how that happened, but last night was just bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ankle warmers over heels = awesome!

    also love your little rodents :) they are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a way cute outfit! I love the color of your hair. maybe soon we'll see a close-up? :)

    I just started my blog, too. What a fun community to be in! Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What, you mean that I am the one singing? Haha. I'm still too shy about my singing to actually say that I'm the one singing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm leaving you a million comments because I'm too lazy to get on my email...
    This is me and dan:
    http://ffffound.com/image/3f7a28b933daef9090175098e56a5dbf403c3cb3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! By the way, I love your hair!
    P.S.
    Your comment was so sweet! Thank you. I am new to all of this too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the flipside of cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you took pictures out in below zero weather! That's dedication. I wimp out when it gets below freezing.

    ReplyDelete

Your words are like sweet sweet music to my ears...or eyes! Thank you!