Monday, January 25, 2010

your liberation is bound up with mine

I have to start somewhere...

zaf-tig

-adjective Slang
1. (of a woman) having a pleasantly plump figure
2. full-bodied; well-proportioned


Age: 22

Location: Ypsilanti, MI

Why Blog?:
I am at the crux of a momentous change in my life. Nothing is certain but my dreams and aspirations are very real. I want to document my life in this blog: the events, the outfits, the dreams, the changes, and whatever else may come my way.

In a couple of months I plan to move to Tucson, AZ in hopes to attend the University of Arizona in Tucson, to complete my degree in Equine Science. I have been deeply inspired by a book called The Tao of Equus and plan on pursing a career in Equine Facilitated Therapy. It has taken me 22 years to reach that decision, but nothing in my life has felt more right. I have been nothing but encouraged by the way every aspect of my life is falling together perfectly since I made this decision.

I'm a zaftig lady. As I type, I am 5'5" and a 170lbs. All of that comes with some 36DDDs and a set of thighs built from years of riding (ladies who ride, you know what I mean). I want to blog to post fashionable outfits for (what I feel to be) a very under-represented demographic of ladies: those of us who are far from svelte and small, but are not quite "plus sized."

There is so much more about me that I would like to share...but that is what this blog is for right?

"If you are coming here to help me, you are wasting your time. But if you are coming because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together." -Aboriginal Woman

8 comments:

  1. Giiiirl, my thighs are so riding thighs. Remember how we used to joke that we were opposite? How our measurements were upside down and I had an ass and you had boobs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just because of this post, im definitely bookmarking you. us hourglass gals have gots to stick together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with merly, yay girls with curves!
    can't wait to see more from you lady!

    p.s. thanks for the tip from delightfully tacky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Finally! Someone who recognises that we are the minority. Girls who aren't waif thin, but aren't plus size either. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice beginning, I can't wait to read more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Ypsilanti too! So many great local fashion bloggers! Maybe I should jump on this train.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read "delightfully tacky's" blog everyday so of course I had to check out your blog. I'm 5'4 and 160 pounds so I can totally relate!! I'm super psyched to see your outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a FANTASTIC blog!!! good luck with your equine studies program! i envy you!

    ReplyDelete

Your words are like sweet sweet music to my ears...or eyes! Thank you!