Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"Dude, I think this whole town is high...

...Telluride, CO: Elevation 13,150 feet"

This elevation is kicking my ass.
Kicking it! The air is so thin here that walking up the stairs leaves my heart pounding and my poor lungs gasping for air. I feel like a fish thrown onto a dock half of the time. I arrived here almost three days ago, and I still haven't totally adjusted. But...

...today I went skiing for the first time since I was 12!!!!


I have spent the last 10 odd years of my life snowboarding, but that was getting kind of rough on my old bones, so I decided, hey, what the hell, let's give the old skis a try again. It was really fun! Telluride is gorgeous, and I swear I got distracted just staring at the mountains a couple of times. And it had just snowed about a foot the night before, so the snow was beautiful and untouched and sparkly. Mmm pretty. I did a lot better than I thought I was going to, but towards the end my legs turned into noodles and I ended up looking like this a couple times...

{via Google Images}

Here are some things I am absolutely salivating over right now...SALIVATING...

1. Petit Dejeuner Dress :: ModCloth $64.99

2. The Commodore Skirt :: ModCloth $57.99

About a week ago I saw these adorable Embroidered Logs at Design*Sponge and have been dying to try it out myself! My grandma is really crafty, and I am staying with her another week, so maybe I will be able to embroider some logs with her and my darling little cousins! I just love saying that: embroider logs. Look at how cute it is! I think I want to do some skis....anyone have any good/fun ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I won't even address the snowboarding story.. the last time I went I practically broke my tailbone and spent half of my time in at the ski lodge bar.


    in other news, the metallic leopard print is actually a minx treatment! its like a sticker that they nail tech warms under a heat lamp and then applies to your nail. nail polish chips on me after a day, and this is only slightly peeling off the tips and its been a week so?

    ReplyDelete

Your words are like sweet sweet music to my ears...or eyes! Thank you!